2013

1.04.2013

new years resolutions
plants, succulent
new years resolutions


In case you can't read my handwriting, these are my resolutions:

- get up earlier
- find the right balance in everything you do
- waste time, but waste it reading, relaxing and with loved ones
- do less, but do the most important
- be a better person than yesterday


The holidays are behind us, it's time to slowly get back onto the road of our everyday lives. I intentionally wrote this post to be the first in January so it'll always be on top and will keep pushing me whenever I look at it. There's no better feeling than the "clean slate" one the beginning of the year gives you. Which is why I'm planning on taking advantage of it while I still can.
I wrote a list of my goals for 2013 and wanted to share it with you. Some may wonder why is it so short. From numerous personal experiences concerning resolutions, I can tell you this - it's the best way to get all of the planned things done. We all tend to make mile long lists, convinced we'll tick everything off in no time, yet somehow we get headaches the second we take a look at the list. The key to actually achieving your preset goals is focusing on what's important to you. If you enjoy it and know you will be happy when done, then you won't have any trouble doing it. And will be pretty satisfied when you tick off all of the items on your list.
Focus is also a tricky one. I'm sure everyone's familiar with that drive and enthusiasm in January to do better and bigger. If you are, you also know it never lasts longer than a month. That happens when you lose focus and motivation. Why? Well, you get scared of your overflowing to-do list and you're quick to quit. Which is much less likely to happen when you have concise list of a few very important things. By trying to do less, you'll be actually achieving more. True story.
You'll also notice that the things I wrote aren't exactly typical goals, but rather guidelines that'll help me achieve them. A constant reminder to stay motivated and do better, if you will.
Have you ever thought about this kind of stuff? Do you have any resolutions for this year? Most importantly, do you have any tips on battling procrastination and staying focused? I'm very curious and interested in the subject, so please do share your points of view in the comments!



33 comments:

fox hunter said...

first of all: happy new year!
to be honest, im not the biggest fan of year resolutions and prefer, similar to you, guidelines or even better life goals. i tried to stay focused with reminding myself that life has an end and you never know when it comes. so if i die tomorrow, wouldn't i make the best of today? well that's at least how i push myself :-)

Anonymous said...

The best way to battle procrastination for me is to always keep your goals in mind.
X www.whatwouldwangdo.wordpress.com

Les is more said...

Get up earlier nice haha ;-)
nice post.
xoxo

Coolsario said...

Great resolutions, I personally loved the one about wasting time. Happy 2013 to you!

Bani said...

you writing is so much nicer than my chicken scratch!

those are great resolutions... waking up earlier is one of mine!

xo

http://bl4q.blogspot.ca/

s said...

amazing resolutions!!! happy friday! xO!
www.thehautecookie.com

Anonymous said...

quality over quantity!:)

Ilona de Vries said...

really good.

street art _life style & fashion & co. said...

zanimljivo :) Ja nikad ne pravim ove novogodisnje rezolucije :)

Ellen said...

this is great, you make such nice posts!

el-eventh

Judy said...

Love your photos!

http://www.styledrummer.com

Michelle said...

Awww your handwriting is so lovely! Definitely yes to resolutions (I wrote some on my blog), they're always such a great way to motivate myself in the new year!

http://wh4reever.blogspot.com/

Chi Tomi said...

Your posts are so artistic. I love this! I haven't figured out what to write for my resolutions this year. <3

XO, Michi
http://www.hautemenot.blogspot.com

Luisa T. said...

I did not make any resolutions this year, I should be ashamed! nice blog
and happy new year


www.fashion-breaker.com

Katie Frank said...

i keep fingers crossed for all your new year resolutions <3

Karina De Jesus said...

Thanks for sharing these, Minnie!
You know my thoughts on this - I’m all for setting goals. Recently I was thinking about the difference between resolutions and goals though. I think, resolutions are small changes in attitude that can lead to your goals.
I am with you on getting up earlier, and then my other 2 are laughing more and carrying party-beads with me (you’d have to see them to understand haha). Anyway, those are small things, but they will help improve the overall circumstances, that’s what resolution should be and yours are :)

My sister is Margaret said...

Super lista!!

Zelim ti sve najbolje u 2013.da tvoja lepota i tvoj rad uvek pobede.

Sve najbolje!!

Maikel said...

lovely photos! <3

Psycho Cat said...

U potpunosti podržavam stavku broj 1. Moraću da prestanem da prespavljujem ceo dan!

Magdalena said...

Slazem se sa svakom stavkom! Sve najlepse u 2013.

cyeoms said...

simplest is best.
inspired!
(PS love your photo pairing, so fresh.. )

Aleksandra said...

My main new years resolution is to live healthier and be more organised in my life..
All the best in New Year !
xx

http://www.olastory.com/

Katarina Chebenova said...

mine is: waste less time and work harder on my goals

http://theshortiesfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

amalie said...

yup. work hard, try hard. that's mine for 2013. GO GO!! x

Vienna Wedekind said...

if everyone (ME) could have such wonderfully written resolutions!!

Love //VIENNA WEDEKIND//

melissa said...

It is good to write the resolutions down, it makes it more approachable and durable. I am sure you can accomplish a few of these and more. I def need to be more physically active, being so busy at work, designing and sketching can take a token of being super busy but not being super active. xx
M

SomethingaboutSofia said...

Happy new year! I sometimes think resolutions are silly because we hardly ever keep them but I always make out a list anyway! I like to think that alot can change and be improved in a year!
Sofia x

CC Leona said...

Great resolutions!! I hope you have a great new year! :)

<3 CC
thattallgirl2.blogspot.com

Issa Tchieu said...

Unique resolutions. Hope ure keeping up with it :)

The GUILTY HYENA said...

I could really do with getting up earlier too!!
I'm such a night owl :)

Glad I came across your delightful blog!!

Tiffy Diamond said...

I like this a lot. I need to wake up earlier as well I think. I made my goal list shorter this year. Just because it's more attainable and sometimes hugh goal list can be stressful. Happy New Year!

xo
Tiffy
www.CuteLA.com

Jamillah said...

I really believe in making guidelines too. I saw this speaker once who advised outcomes can be so unpredictable and out of your control so the trick is to not be goal oriented be process oriented instead and do the best you can living that process. So opposed to saying I will be a published author tell yourself you will write your novel and do your best at writing it or instead of saying I will lose 10 lbs. say I will make it a point to eat better and then do your best at that.

My advice on staying focused is lists and use a timer! I actually made a list of some tips to get things done not too long ago: http://www.made-to-travel.com/2012/10/26/fall-into-good-habits-tips-to-get-things-done/

Cocochic said...

Lovely blog sweet :) just followed you on Bloglovin' x
www.cocochicblog.co.uk

Any thoughts?